The study analyzed bricks to determine the age of ancient sites along the route. History of Nakhon Si Thammarat by heat fluorescence
(Thermoluminescence dating: TL)
Nakhon Si Thammarat is an ancient city that is important in terms of economy, society, politics, administration and religion, one of the most in Southeast Asia. Because it is a city with a location that is rich in natural resources. in the east by the sea on the Gulf of Thailand and west adjacent to the Luang Nakhon Si Thammarat mountain range As a result, it is a trading port. and the administrative center in the Malay area It is known as “Tamaling” (Tambalingam) For at least 1,800 years ago, Nakhon Si Thammarat city was a source of wisdom and various arts and cultures, including heritage in performing arts that are outstanding and unique, such as shadow play, Nora. hidden with morals for polishing and shaping people in society There are also architectural and ancient heritage sites that indicate the prosperity of Brahmanism – Hinduism and Buddhism in this land for a long time.
Walailak University is another area located in the midst of an ancient community. There are traces of archaeological sites which are considered important historical and archaeological evidence of Nakhon Si Thammarat province. with the ancient source of Tumpung and Ban Noen It Ban Khao Kha ancient site Archaeological site of Wat Mahong and the ancient site of Ban Mo Klan to bring the results from the age finding to analyze and link the historical route of Nakhon Si Thammarat Province To create a story about the historical path of Nakhon Si Thammarat province. This leads to a body of knowledge and further development of information in the tourism aspect of the province.
- To study the scientific age of Tumbang archaeological site Ban Noen It’s ancient site Ban Khao Kha ancient site The ancient site of Wat Mayong and the ancient site of Ban Mo Klan To upgrade the knowledge from research related to the history of archeology of the southern region in order to link and synthesize the history and the relationship between the ancient sites of Tumbang in the social, cultural, structural, presumed dimensions, etc.
- to create a network of cooperation with academics Government and private agencies and communities in Nakhon Si Thammarat province by applying the historical dimension of archeology as a base for spatial development to generate economic income Promote archaeological historical tourism and build the strength of the community
this study It is the age of the ancient site by way of Thermoluminescence dating: TL of ancient sites in the Nakhon Si Thammarat area. which divided the scope of research as follows
- Tumpung archaeological site
- Ban Noen It’s ancient site
- Ban Khao Kha ancient site in progress
- The ancient site of Wat Mayong in progress
- Ban Mokla archaeological site in progress